Are your favorite canvas shoes looking a little dingy or stained? Try these handy cleaning tips:
- Avoid using bleach as it can permanently alter the color of the fabric, even on white shoes
- Don’t put shoes in the washer and dryer; this can loosen the rubber soles
- Add a few drops of laundry or dish detergent to a cup of cold water and use a toothbrush to gently scrub the canvas clean. Gently and thoroughly rinse the outside of the shoe
- Remove the shoelaces and scrub them separately; then hang them to dry
- Place the shoe in a well-ventilated area, preferably in a sunny spot, with a fan blowing on it to speed drying time
Cleaning your Converse All Stars, Toms & Keds just got a little easier!