Smoke Repair & Restoration – Odor Clean Up
Smoke Repair & Restoration – Odor Clean Up by ProKleen (541) 857-1818
ProKleen is able to fully handle the after-effects of a fire with smoke damage restoration and smoke odor removal. It is important to call us ASAP to evaluate the situation and to determine your cleanup and restoration needs.
During a fire, often times the smoke produced by the fire is more damaging than the fire itself. Smoke is able to penetrate the walls and embeds harsh chemicals within those walls as well as your furniture, drapes, and other porous materials. Our team of professionals is fully equipped, certified and experienced in handling these types of projects. Our professionals’ knowledge and understanding of homes and building systems allow them to accurately assess the extent of the overall penetration.
USE THE FORM BELOW TO CONTACT US TODAY!
Your Smoke and Odor Removal Call To Action Plan:
- Call Pro Kleen Inc. immediately! We are ready to assist you 24 HOURS A DAY with any type of Smoke Damage & Removal issue. Our response team will arrive at your location within 60 min.
- Stay clear of the affected area when you do not have the right protective equipment. Lingering Smoke is full of dangerous chemicals and can cause serious health issues. Our professionals are equipped with gloves, protective clothing and gas mask.
- If you are able you can try to air out the entire house. Regardless of whether a room was involved or not. Smoke can travel through walls and air ducts and all areas of a home need to be properly aired out and ventilated. Set up as many fans as possible to be more effective.
- Discard all food in your kitchen and pantry that is not sealed in containers or cans. Food can easily be contaminated by smoke moving through the home.
- Be sure to clean your appliances with a good disinfectant. When smoke and soot penetrate mechanical devices it can cause damage to the internal mechanisms.
- Be prepared to replace all air filters in your home, even the air conditioner.
A Few Types of Smoke
- Dry Smoke: This results from an extremely fast burning and extreme temperature fire that tends to give off dry smoke.
- Wet Smoke: The hardest type of smoke damage to remove. It is gummy and sticky and easily smears. It has a strong lingering odor and is a result of a slow burning, low heat fire.
- Fuel Oil Soot: This type of smoke damage is caused by furnace puff backs.
- Protein: This type of smoke is very pungent in its odor. It usually causes discoloration to paint and varnished structures.
- Other: Some other types of smoke that tend to linger are fingerprint powder, tear gas and fire extinguisher residue.
Things To Know
- Smoke travels through walls and can get stuck in air ducts.
- If not professionally restored and removed odor can relapse.
- Soot is very dense and stains carpets, drapes and other fabrics easily. You must attend the soot prior to any deodorizing.
- You must properly deodorize all household fabrics and furniture prior to cleaning as smoke odor often returns when done incorrectly.
- Smoke stains quickly begin eroding away at metals and other surfaces and must be properly cleaned immediately by an experienced professional.
- It is extremely important to have your carpets cleaned TWICE, both BEFORE and AFTER restoration.
Some of Our Fire, Smoke and Odor Restoration and Removal Services
- Complete Fire Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Cleanup
- Building & Structural Cleaning
- Ozone Treatment
- Duct Cleanup
- Soot Cleanup
- Smoke Removal
- Odor Removal
- Floor Cleaning
- Roof Board Up
- Personal Property Cleaning
For more information please visit our Action 911 company.